It is a simulation of all the cyber-attacks which occurred in the computer system and network due to weak security procedures. The testers here use a mix of tools or sometimes do it manually to simulate the attack in the system.
The major concern of pentesting services is to identify various security measures and concerns which are occurred in to the services, networks, and application of the system. This is going to allow the team to discover various aspects like-
- Security flaws
- Vulnerabilities of the system
- Lack of knowledge about the security
- Errors of the policy related to security
Steps To Find Vulnerabilities And Attacks:
- The first stage involves discovering and defining all the goals and the scope associated with this process. Make sure you include all the details about what methods to use, how to use them, etc.
- The next step is very important, as it requires to perform proper scanning in order to understand about the response of the application by giving various attempts. This can be done with the help of static analysis and dynamic analysis.
- This step will uncover all the vulnerabilities that may occur at the time of the attack. The testers usually try to understand the causes and damages which can be caused at the time of the attack.
- A proper report is made to gather all the results that occurred by performing a penetration test. It will generate all the data which are sensitive in nature along with all the vulnerabilities that are being exploited in the system.
Finally, you should collect all the details and data before any breach or attack occurs on your data. Then, you can use penetration testing in order to have a safe and secure network in your computer system.